Friday, October 10, 2014

Purging the Clutter Monster: The Pantry

As I mentioned a few days ago, I'm participating in the 31 Day Clutter Purge over on A Bowl Full of Lemons. Check out the before and after photos of my pantry purge:



This job took me way longer than anticipated since my three year old insisted on "helping" me with the process, but it is finished and I love the fact that I can see what we have in the pantry at a glance rather than digging around or in some cases, making an unneeded purchase because I couldn't find an ingredient I was looking for.

In the process of organizing my pantry, I discovered an awesome range of food storage canisters from OXO. They are airtight and stackable:



 
I purchased a set similar to these at Sam's Club for $79, so if you have a Sam's Club membership it might be a good idea to check there first. I'd like to get a second set eventually so all of my pastas and snacks can have neatly organized homes, but until then, I'm happy with my progress.

No comments: