Monday, October 6, 2014

Purging the Clutter Monster: October Challenge!

 

It's October, and what better time to tackle that scary clutter monster?
 
    I've joined the purge challenge hosted by A Bowl Full of Lemons. I'm in desperate need of some de-cluttering around my house, so when A Bowl Full of Lemons Blog announced their 31 day purge, I was definitely on board. I'm not exaggerating when I say that I needed this.

   My cleaning lady isn't allowed to clean my office due to the outrageous piles of stuff that has take up residence in that room. It is seriously an embarrassment. My husband jokes that all he owns are some clothes, tennis racquets, and his toothbrush and that the rest of the contents of our house are mine. Sadly, he isn't too far off. Between my love of all things crafty, teaching supplies, vintage finds, and party supplies there isn't room for much more. The excess really wasn't as noticeable before we had our son. I was able to squirrel away items in closets or tuck them away into cabinets, but with the added toys, books, and other kid stuff, I've lost some of my nooks and crannies. The result is a clutter monster that tries to escape into the common areas of our home almost daily.

   Don't get me wrong, I have some great stuff and I feel fortunate to have such excess, but when quantity starts to trump quality of life you know it is time to let it go and get things under control. I'm currently on day three of the challenge and so far I've tackled my pantry and my magazine obsession. Today, I'm moving onto my dresser drawers. Join the purge party at A Bowl Full of Lemons Blog and get your clutter monster under control.

* Like the monster art? Learn how to make your own cute little monster image using the Create a Cute Furry Vector Monster in Illustrator tutorial.

No comments: