Monday, December 15, 2014

Holiday Inspiration: Top 5 Christmas Packages

It is no secret that I don't like wrapping gifts. Each year, I wait until a few days before Christmas and then hold a marathon wrapping session. It is in no way enjoyable. By the end of my wrapping session, my back hurts from hunching over packages on the floor and chances are I've endured no less than three paper cuts.

This year, in an attempt to convince myself to get an earlier start to wrapping our Christmas gifts, I've compiled a list of my Top 5 beautiful wrapping examples:

1. I love that these packages use things that I already have around the house: mailing paper, baker's twine, and Christmas stamps. These would be so cute piled into a bag to take to a family Christmas party!
lmnop wrapping: http://www.lmnop.com.au/2010/12/parcel-pressies/


2. This monochromatic sheet music wrapping paper tied with black and white ribbon and topped with jingle bells is terrific. You could purchase a roll similar to this on Amazon, or if you had some unused sheet music stashed away somewhere, this would be a great way to repurpose it.

Just Imagine: http://justimagine-ddoc.com/crafts/gift-wrapping-ideas/?pid=4988

 

3.  I'm always trying to find fun little crafts to do around the holidays with my son. I like this idea because the end product can actually be used and enjoyed instead of winding up in a drawer somewhere.

Splash of Something: http://splashofsomething.com/2013/12/09/wrapping-week-2013-holly-jolly-reindeer-prints/
 

4. This would be perfect for someone who enjoys traveling.


http://limedoodledesign.com/2013/10/adventure-awaits/
5. Here's another simple option, but you could easily add some more color with store bought paper. Adding a lollipop or candy cane to the package is such a cute idea and adds an extra "gift" to the package.
 
Good Housekeeping
My packages will undoubtedly be wrapped in store bought paper and I may get "fancy" by adding some grosgrain ribbon and some little extras. Maybe next year I can turn it up a notch and compete with these lovely examples. Happy wrapping!


No comments: